Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Back in the Saddle

So I felt well enough after my little bicycle mishap to get back out there. I was all set, I had a plan, and I was going to pay attention this time when my legs felt like they had enough. I went around one block, uphill, and then down and over to the next. I felt good. I went up that block and felt good enough to finish out to the next on before going back toward my street. I was so proud of myself. I was doing really well. YEAH! Right! A little over halfway up that block, I slowed down to a snail's pace, barely enough to keep the bike up. I could swear I was going up a huge mountain, but of course there aren't any in my neighborhood. No, this was the regular street that goes slightly uphill. Hmmm. Well, I made it. Barely. I really thought I was going to have to stop. I made it to my street where it went downhill again. I was so tired and my legs were so beat you would think I had been biking for hours. Nope. 20 minutes. Apparently that is my limit. I keep wondering when I'll be able to do more; when I'll be able to handle the uphill better. But, you know what? It's okay. If 20 minutes is my limit, then I will do 20 minutes whenever I feel I can go out there. Can't do it if it's too hot out or when I'm having a particularly bad MS day, but so what. I am doing what I can and hopefully my body is benefiting from what little I can do for it. It's all I can do, and I won't stress about it.

1 comment:

  1. I don't even have MS
    and 20 minutes of biking
    on my fat middle aged butt
    almost killed me.
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete